What You Need to Know About Christmas in Topsail
Topsail Island is the ideal destination vacation for your special celebration. Have you ever experienced a Topsail Island Christmas? If the answer is no, then we highly recommend that you give it a try. In fact, we think Topsail Island offers up the best way to celebrate the season! Why? Read on and see what makes Christmas in Topsail so special.
It's a beach getaway and a holiday celebration all in one.
Everything is better at the beach, is it not? Why not combine the best of both worlds with a beach getaway and a holiday celebration all wrapped up into one amazing gift. The benefits of a Topsail Island holiday include the chance to spend quality time together in a very beautiful place. You can take in the panoramic coastal views and stunning scenery during your holiday meal. You can start your day with a healthy and invigorating stroll on the beach. You can burn off those extra calories consumed this time of year in a variety of ways with opportunities to run on the beach, kayak the local waters, bike around town, take a sightseeing tour of Topsail, or whichever kind of island adventure you so desire. We have it all here!
Another added benefit of a Topsail Island holiday is the opportunity to try new things and experience new holiday adventures. See what the holidays look like from a coastal perspective. Attend a local holiday event such as the Topsail Beach Christmas Parade, go on a holiday cruise around the island, or just stroll through Soundside Park on a December's day to get a glimpse into the Christmas season here on our island. We love it and we know you will, too!
It's a chance to experience Christmas on the coast in true Southern style.
You'll not only get a taste of the coast this holiday season but you'll also savor the flavors of the south. Seafood specialties abound and southern staples like cornbread, seafood stews,collards and pecan pies are lovely additions to any holiday meal. Gather up some of the fresh, local ingredients and try your hand at some southern dishes in the comfort of your own Topsail vacation rental, or go out on the town and try the local flavors offered up at our favorite Topsail Island restaurants. Spend some time fishing the local waters this holiday and add a fresh catch of the day to your holiday menu.
Pair all of the wonderful food with scenic coastal Christmas decorations and you're well on your way to an unforgettable holiday on the coast. Wreath-lined walkways, lighted boats, and unique maritime decorations grace the streets, towns and waterfronts of Topsail.
The Southern hospitality and holiday spirit combine to give you a sense of warmth and welcome throughout the island. It's really quite lovelyand something that you just have to experience to fully understand. Isn't it time you did?
Christmas on Topsail Island is unforgettable.
Annual Christmas Events on Topsail Island
- Holiday Cruises Aboard the Belle of Topsail: Spend your holiday on the water this year with a Christmas or New Year's Eve cruise. See what the Belle of Topsail has to offer and start making your plans to join in the festivities.
- Surf City Tree Lighting: Join the town of Surf City at Soundside Park as it lights its holiday tree and kicks off the Christmas season. Santa is there to welcome the youngsters and cookies and hot chocolate is be served.
- Topsail Island Holiday Flotilla: Add an island vibe to your holiday season and enjoy this annual parade featuring decorated and lighted boats as they sail down the Intracoastal Waterway. Boats start in Surf City at the bridge and continue to the south end of Topsail Beach. Best views are at the Assembly Building, any sound dock or beach and Soundside Park.
- Topsail Beach Christmas Parade: The Topsail Beach Christmas parade fills the streets in honor of the season.
- Topsail Jingle Bell Ball: Dress in your best and enjoy an evening to support the Historical Society of Topsail Island. The event includes a catered meal, cash bar and entertainment for dancing at the Topsail Island Assembly Building.
Are you spending Christmas on Topsail Island, North Carolina? We want to know! Feel free to share what you love most about a coastal Christmas on our island. Our comment section is always open.