How to Book Your Rental with Confidence
Posted On Monday, February 19, 2018
Booking a vacation rental is not very complicated in this day and age. With a few clicks of a button, you can plan your vacation and book your rental. Feeling confident and at ease when choosing and confirming your rental is important to everyone. Smart vacationers know to be informed in advance to prevent any misunderstandings, miscommunication or confusion—which can result in extra fees or charges.
Here is what you need to know to book your vacation rental with confidence and feel relaxed and ready for your arrival and the start of your hard-earned vacation. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Read the rental agreement carefully.This is pretty much your vacation rental bible. It contains the answers to all of your rental questions, along with any fine print you need to know about. If you can't find the information you're looking for in there, then it's important to ask about it. You don't want any uncertainties.
Here are some key things to know about your rental:
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What time is check-in and check-out?
- How much of a deposit is required?
- When is full payment due?
- Are there any extra fees I need to know about?
- What are the taxes and surcharges?
- What are the amenities?
- Are linens and towels provided?
- What is the cleaning policy?
- What items are or are not included in the rental?
- Who do I contact if there's a problem in the rental?
- Where can I park?
- When can I pick up the vacation rental keys and where?
You can read Century 21 Action Topsail's Vacation Rental Agreement here.
2. Ask questions and clarify any uncertainties.If you are unclear about anything in the vacation rental agreement, then it's always best to ask. Never assume! Whether you call and talk to a someone, request an online chat, or send an email, just be sure you get the clarification you need before committing.
Spend a little time navigating the vacation rental company's website to get to know them better. Research the specifics of your particular vacation rental and be sure that what is pictured in the photographs is currently what you can expect. If you have questions about the amenities, ask before you finalize your stay and not when you walk in to your rental.
You can contact Century 21 Action Topsail online here.
3. Read up on the Frequently Asked Questions.If you have questions or uncertainties, it's most likely that other guests have had similar ones too. If your vacation rental company offers a Frequently Asked Questions page, it's well worth your time to read it. It may save you that extra phone call, chat or email. Even if you don't have any pertinent questions, it's still a great idea to read over the FAQs. The more you know, the better off you'll be, and the smoother your vacation will go.
You can read Century 21 Action Topsail's Frequently Asked Questions About Vacation Rentals here.
Are you ready to book your Topsail Island vacation rental with us? Get started right here.
Let us know if we can assist you in anyway or answer any questions you may have.
Do you have any other suggestions for how to book a vacation rental with ease and confidence? Let us know!