Free and Cheap Things To Do in Topsail
There are many reasons to love a Topsail Island vacation, but one of the most popular is the ability to experience a quintessential beach vacation while on a budget. There are plenty of free activities and things to do, along with many other coastal adventures that are very cheap and worth spending a few dollars on. So if money-saving is your game, then check out these favorite Topsail activities that are close and convenient to your Topsail beach vacation rental and won't cost you much more than your time. How many of these have you done during your Topsail vacation? Let's find out!
Free Activities & Things To Do on Topsail Island
- Walk on the beach.
- Catch a coastal sunrise and sunset.
- Take a stroll through Soundside Park.
- Go shelling.
- Beachcomb for coastal treasures like shark teeth, sea glass and sand dollars.
- Watch the surfers or bring your surfboard and go surfing.
- Build a sandcastle.
- Explore a tidal pool.
- Play in the sand with the kids.
- Take your kids to a Topsail park or playground.
- Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy it on the beach or at a park.
- Toss a frisbee around.
- Join in a volleyball game on the beach.
- Catch a coastal breeze and go fly a kite.
- Walk under a pier and sneak a kiss from your sweetheart.
- Swim in the wide open Atlantic waters.
- Body surf the waves.
- Try your hand at surf fishing (as long as you have your NC fishing license).
- Explore the Topsail towns on foot, on two wheels, or paddle your way around the island.
- Launch your kayak from your waterside Topsail vacation rental.
- Dock your boat at your Topsail Island rental's boat slip.
- Observe the marine wildlife including the dolphins, pelicans, crabs, sea turtles and other coastal creatures.
- Visit the Missiles and More Museum in Topsail Beach.
- Visit a local art gallery.
- Window shop the Topsail Island stores and shops.
- Visit the Surf City Summer Market. (It's free, but you'll most definitely want to buy something. Maybe we should move this to the cheap list?)
- Dream about living on Topsail Island.
Cheap Activities & Things To Do on Topsail Island
- Go rollerskating at the Topsail Skating Rink for only a few bucks, and that includes your skate rentals.
- Stroll to the end of each of the three Topsail fishing piers; it only costs $1 for spectators to enjoy the ocean views.
- Visit the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital in Surf City where admission is a mere $5.
- Play miniature golf at the Patio Playground in Topsail Beach where putt putt and a cool treat will cost you less than $10.
- Rent a paddleboard, surf board, bike, body board and more at a local Topsail watersports outfitter or surf shop.
- Go pier fishing at the Seaview Pier, Surf City Ocean Pier or Jolly Roger Fishing Pier.
- Vacation in a Topsail Island rental where you get much more for your vacation dollars as compared to a hotel or motel stay.
- Start planning your next Topsail beach vacation.
The best way to enjoy all that Topsail Island has to offer is to actually be here! Isn't it time you started planning your next Topsail beach vacation? Let us know if we can help!
What's your favorite free/cheap activity or thing to do on Topsail Island, NC? We want to know!