5 of the Best Ways to Have a Relaxing Labor Day
Wow, Labor Day already? How did that happen? The summer flew by again! The good news is that on Topsail Island the summer beach vibe and island spirit continue all year long. Give yourself the gift of relaxation and some much needed beach time. Before the rest of your summer gets away from you, you should go ahead and book your Topsail vacation rental and get away from it all for a while. The Labor Day holiday is the perfect time to do it. Everyone needs more R&R in their life, so here are the five best ways to have the most relaxing Labor Day here in Topsail.
1. Slow down.Holidays can either be busy with get togethers and lots of things to do, or holidays can be the ideal time to just slow down and enjoy life for awhile. Why not choose the latter this time? Make it a point to do less running around and more slowing down. It is the "workingmen's holiday" after all. Labor Day was created as a national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. Given that we probably all work more than we should, seize the day (and the holiday) and take it down a notch, if only for a day or for the weekend. You deserve it.
2. Savor the moments.In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, many of us don't take the time to savor the moments. How can we when we're overscheduled, overbusy and overtired? Do yourself a favor and focus on the present and appreciate it for what it is, where you are, and zero in on all of the positive aspects of the here and now. A little mindfulness goes a long way. It's so easy to fill every moment to the point of distraction in this day and age. Instead, choose the opposite. Choose to quiet your mind, breathe in and breathe out, and just be still for a portion of your day.
3. Surround yourself with natural beauty.Get out of your office and get in touch with nature. Immerse yourself in the elements. Feel the sun on your face, the breeze through your hair, and the set your sights on the natural beauty that surrounds you. Go explore the great outdoors. In the words of John Muir, "The world is big and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark." Don't you? Make it a point to get outside and fill your days with nature's best colors: cerulean blue skies, aquamarine waters, verdant green flora, sandy tans, earthy browns and washed out whites. The coastal color palette is always worth it.
4. Spend quality time with your family and friends.Relationships sometimes are secondary to our other daily responsibilities, but aren't they important too? Of course they are. That's why it matters that you designate specific opportunities and make time to spend with the ones you love and care about the most. You can do it any time, anywhere—and it doesn't cost you a thing. You just have to make the time for it and put forth the effort. Talk together, play together, catch up on what you've been missing out on, and just enjoy each other's company. That is the good stuff.
5. Set aside some time for yourself.
How do you plan to relax this Labor Day?