Rest assured that when vacationing with Century 21 Action, your health and safety are our top priorities.
This page was last updated on June 15th, 2020.
Further down this page, you will find valuable information and links regarding our vacation rentals, COVID-19, our cleaning/sanitation standards, and more. As we are acquire new information, we will be sure these pages are updated.
All three Topsail Island Towns have announced that the short term rental (vacation rental) restrictions will be lifted on May 8th.
At Century 21 Action we are very anxious for our Topsail Island fans to visit their favorite beach! Careful considerations concerning COVID-19 still need to be observed by everyone, and for everyone's safety. Certain Social Distancing Guidelines are still in place at both the North Carolina state level, and also local level. Please see below for a brief overview and tips:
- Masks may be required in enclosed public spaces such as grocery stores, retail type stores, etc. Please bring masks with you!
- Limitations on the number of people permitted at one time into businesses or other public spaces based on size of the building or other factors. Especially restaurants.
- All social distancing guidance is expected to be followed, even on the beach: ie: 6 feet apart.
- Beach Accesses and public parking are open, although many or most parks are closed.
- Restaurants are currently in the process of opening for dine-in eating with reduced capacities. Take-out or delivery services are widely available. Most of the island favorites are providing take out service.
- Grill Rentals are expected to be in extremely high demand, as are beach chairs, umbrellas, outdoor games, and other beach gear. We suggest reserving items early and directly from Sweet Dreams Linens if you desire these fun items to ensure availability. www.sweetdreamslinens.com or 910-328-5312
- Local supplies and groceries could become scarce once a lot of vacationers find their way here to our area. We STRONGLY suggest bringing Paper Goods (such as toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc.), EPA approved cleaning and disinfecting supplies, Hand Soaps, Groceries (especially fresh goods such as meats and produce), etc. While our local merchants have been able to keep up with the local population for the most part, the influx of visitors may put a severe strain on supply chains for everyone.
We encourage all of our guests to familiarize themselves with the latest North Carolina and Town guidance, restrictions, social distancing guidelines, CDC guidance, etc. Restrictions have been easing, and a lot of the current guidance above could ease, strengthen, or be rescinded prior to your dates of stay. Please explore the links below:
Due to the concerns of the COVID-19 situation we are enacting the following changes to provide for the safety of our guests, our property owners, our vendors and cleaning companies, our staff, and the general public.
- Most properties will utilize Remote Check-In (properties with Smart Locks). When your reserved property is ready for you, you will receive a text and email from our company along with the code for the Smart Lock. For properties without Smart Locks (Keyed properties), our staff will call to notify you of it's readiness and we will arrange for your check-in packet to be picked up in our outside drop box at a designated time. Our lobbies and offices currently are not open to the public but we are happy to help you with any need by phone. Please do not come to the office, we will not be able to help you in person for the protection of our staff and their families. Our number is 800.255.2233, please ensure our offices have the best and most current contact/mobile number(s) for you and any guests.
- Early Bird Check-Ins and Late Check-Outs will not be possible at this time to ensure the maximum amount of time necessary for the cleaning companies and their crews. Refunds will be provided for guests that have already purchased these add-ons. In some instances, check-ins may not occur until after 4:00 for any property or guest. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
- Please do not park or go to your vacation property prior to receiving our call for any reason. This could delay your check-in time and many other properties/guests as well.
- Our Bed Making/Turn Down services will not be available at this time. Bed and Bath Linens will continue to be included from Topsail's premiere linen company, Sweet Dreams Linens & Rentals, and delivered to the property for you, wrapped in a sanitary wrap and delivery tote outside the main door or under the property.
- "Non-essential" bedding (decorative pillows, shams, throw blankets, etc) are being removed from the beds, bagged, and placed into closets. Please do not remove them from their bags or closets.
- King, queen, and full/double sized beds are provided with 2 pillows each, and twin sized beds are provided with 1. Your included linen package contains the exact number of pillowcases needed for each pillow in the property. With concerns surrounding COVID-19, it is extremely important that you do not use any extra pillows found in the property without a pillowcase. Additional pillows found in the property are for future guests and replacement as needed and determined by the property owner or cleaning company. PLEASE do not utilize the extra pillows in the property/closets.
- If you need any extra pillows (besides the ones provided for each bed), you may want to bring them with you, or you can arrange for delivery of brand new pillows for you to keep and take home: contact our linen company, Sweet Dreams Linens (910-328-5312 | www.sweetdreamslinen.com). If you know you would like this add on service, please place your order with Sweet Dreams Linens by 3 pm on on the Wednesday prior to your check-in date so the pillows can be delivered to your property with the rest of your linens at no delivery cost to you.
- Sweet Dreams Linens & Rentals is now providing several new upgraded products for guests: rental quilted lightweight comforters to ensure a freshly laundered comforter, rental blankets to ensure freshly laundered comfort for your stay, brand new pillows for purchase to keep and delivered to your home with the linens, and waterproof pillow protectors. These new items are in limited supply, please order them early. We suggest calling Sweet Dreams directly for these items at 910-328-5312.
Past Guidance BelowThe Global/National/Local situation and information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is rapidly changing, so we will continue to update this page as information is made available. We are monitoring this situation closely, in all regards. Our team has some of the best experience and knowledge in the vacation rental business, and we are all constantly communicating with other vacation rental professionals, industry regulators, our local peers, Local/State/& National authorities and health/medical websites and professionals (CDC and W.H.O.) to make sure that we are following the best practices possible. We would also like to let you know that our hearts go out to all involved, and we are doing everything we can to ensure not only the safety of our guests, but also our team and all the local vendors that help make Topsail Island vacations with Century 21 Action great, as many of us are either in high risk groups, or have close family members who are.
Our current office hours are 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Saturday.
If you purchased a Travel Insurance Policy prior to January 29th:
For Guests with Arrival Dates After May 8th:
For Vacationers still wanting to make new plans:
Valuable Info Regarding our Vacation Rentals, COVID-19, our Cleaning & Sanitation Standards, & More:
Social DistancingBeach life has its advantages—as we've talked about many, many times on this blog. Even in these ever-changing days and times where beach rules and regulations fluctuate from season to season, there are always ways to enjoy the beach. Here are some ways to make the best of beach life even when you have to keep a safe social distance from others. Topsail Island, North Carolina gives us plenty of opportunities to get outside and soak up the sun, inhale the salty air, and explore the beauty of the island.
Why Topsail is the Perfect Vacation; Now more than Ever?
- Great "drive to" destination (read our article on this here)
- Low population density at Topsail (we're not quite "hick", but we're quiet)
- "Escaping" is the norm for our vacationers
- More Fresh Air per person (and ocean breezes) than most places.
- Private Vacation Rental homes (see next heading below)
- Well stocked Kitchens (get your "Bam" on and avoid going out)
- Easily avoid crowded, metro type areas and nearby Major airports.
- Social Distancing on the beach couldn't be easier on our 26 mile beach; and serious relaxing/salt water opportunities!.
- Professional Housekeeping Companies. (not the neighbor/friend that the property owner hired) Rest Assured, it's done right.
- Professionally Laundered Sheets and Bath Linens included with every rental. From Topsail's Premiere Linen Service; Sweet Dreams Linens.
Why A Vacation Rental?
Vacation rentals offer benefits that most hotels don't.
- The price per person/per bed/per room/per night is the better option and value against most hotels or resorts worldwide. (Only tents are cheaper!)
- Space to Spread Out.
- No "Other Guests" to bump into.
- Remote Check-In at Century 21 Action...No busy check-in lobbies
- All the Extras: stocked kitchens, decks, family rooms, etc.
- And so much more; click the link to learn: